Nationwide Identification Quantity is free says FG – AREWAAFFAIRS
Connect with us
                               

News

Nationwide Identification Quantity is free says FG

Published

on

FG commences 2nd phase of training for workers on digital technology
Spread the love

The Federal Authorities has stated that issuance of Nationwide Identition Quantity (NIN) was without charge to Nigerians as the price of the registration was being shouldered by the federal government.

The Minister of Communications and Digital Financial system, Dr Isa Pantami, stated this following complains from some candidates who alleged that they had been being requested to pay for the service.

The Technical Assistant on Data Expertise to the minister, Dr Femi Adeluyi, made this identified in a press release on Saturday in Abuja.

“ The Nationwide Identification Quantity is totally free for all Nigerians and authorized residents with Resident Allow from the Nigeria Immigration Service.

“The Nationwide Identification Quantity is the fitting of each citizen, based mostly on the Nationwide Identification Administration Fee (NIMC), Act 2007, ” he stated.

The Minister stated he had instructed the Director-Common of NIMC to analyze the allegations with a view to bringing the perpetrators, if any, to ebook.

“The Director-Common can even present a platform for such allegations to be reported,” Pantami added.

 

He recommended the sacrifice of the Administration and workers of NIMC who’ve carried out their project carefully throughout, and even exterior, working hours.

 

He disclosed that the ministry was working to make sure the situations of service and welfare of the workers had been beneficial.

Pantami reiterated the ministry’s dedication to creating an enabling atmosphere for all Nigerians and authorized residents to acquire their Nationwide Identification Quantity.

ALSO READ:  Troops foil assault on vacationers, remove bandits in Benue, Plateau, Taraba
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Ogun residents protest six months energy outage

Published

on

By

IBEDC begins investigation over cause of electrocution of 2 people on Xmas eve in Ibadan
Spread the love

By James Ogunnaike – Abeokuta

Youths in Owode-Egba, the headquarters of Obafemi-Owode native authorities space of Ogun State, on Monday staged a peaceable demonstration to protest  six months energy outage within the city.

The protesters below the aegis of Owode-Egba Youths Growth Motion, carried placards with inscriptions akin to ‘Finish darkness in Owode-Egba’, ‘We’re uninterested in darkness in Owode-Egba’, ‘We are saying no to estimated billing’, ‘IBEDC is killing our companies’, and ‘IBEDC mild up Owode-Egba’, walked by means of main streets of the city, chanting anti-establishment songs.

Based on the protesters, the primary injection energy transformer that provides electrical energy to about 32 communities within the city acquired burnt since August, 2020, saying all their efforts to make sure the transformer is changed by Ibadan Electrical energy Distribution Firm (IBEDC) has did not yield any optimistic consequence.

The protesters, who additionally took their protest to the palace of the Olu of Owode-Egba, Oba Kolawole Aremi Sowemimo and the headquarters of Obafemi-Owode Native Authorities, blamed the electrical energy firm for turning deaf ears to their pleas.

Talking on behalf of the protesters, the president of the Owode-Egba Youth Growth Motion, Abdul Fatai Shoneye, defined that for the reason that group was thrown into darkness, IBEDC had not come out with any official place.

He added that companies within the city have suffered, whereas criminals have been terrorising the group as results of the blackout.

Shoneye disclosed that the group had additionally visited the workplace of the IBEDC and Ministry of Chieftaincy and Native Authorities Affairs to name their consideration to the scenario, however nothing was achieved to handle the scenario.

ALSO READ:  Reviving vaccine manufacturing in Nigeria

“Since August 9, 2020, we’ve got had an issue of transformer and up until date, there was no official assertion from anyone; both from the IBEDC or authorities. That’s why we’re making it as a protest to allow them to know that persons are dwelling right here and we’re affected by darkness.

“We would like the federal government to come back to our help, as a result of the IBEDC instructed us that that is past their energy. The transformer isn’t just an atypical transformer; it’s 2.5MVA 33/11.

“We’re interesting to the federal government and well-meaning individuals to come back to our help so that we are going to get our enterprise on the monitor, as a result of each enterprise right here has collapsed because of elongated energy outage”.

Addresing the protesters, Oba Sowemimo bemoaned the facility outage and appealed to the protesters be calm and go about their protest peacefully.

He mentioned he had made private efforts to make sure the broken transformer was restored by partaking the officers of the electrical energy firm, expressing disappointment the best way the corporate was dealing with the matter.

Oba Sowemimo, nevertheless, known as on the corporate to endeavour to exchange the broken transformer, saying felony actions had been on the rise for the reason that blackout.

Reacting to the protest, the Regional Communication Officer of the IBEDC, Ayodeji Bada, denied ignoring the calls for of the group, including “the administration of IBEDC is doing every thing to make sure the substitute of the transformer”.

ALSO READ:  Nigeria reviews 829 new infections, 1 extra demise

“The transformer is 2.5MVA bulk transformer. It was suppossed for use for a mini injection station.

”The order to import a brand new one to exchange the broken one had been positioned, however it should take some time earlier than it get right here.

”That’s why we’re telling them that that is the scenario of issues; we’re doing every thing potential to make sure that the electricy provide is restored to Owode Egba and its environs”, Bada said.

Vanguard News Nigeria

Continue Reading

News

FG boasts, says 158 bandits, terrorists killed in three weeks

Published

on

By

Spread the love

The Federal Authorities says no fewer than 158 armed bandits, terrorists and legal parts have been neutralised by the Armed Forces throughout the nation for the reason that starting of the yr.

The Minister of Data and Tradition, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, who disclosed this at a media briefing on Monday in Abuja mentioned the determine excluded scores of different terrorists and armed bandits killed throughout airstrikes.

The Information Company of Nigeria (NAN) reviews the Minister of Inside, Rauf Aregbesola, was on the media briefing on the progress made by the federal government within the struggle in opposition to terrorism and banditry.

Mohammed mentioned some 52 legal parts had been arrested, with scores of arms, ammunition and gear recovered whereas troops additionally rescued a complete of 17 kidnapped victims throughout the nation.

He mentioned {that a} complete of 684,856 barrels of stolen crude oil, 1,724,000 litres of stolen Automotive Fuel Oil (AGO) and 500,000 litres of Twin Function Kerosene (DPK) had been recovered.

Giving particulars of the feat by the navy in every geo-political zone, the minister mentioned within the North-West, 118 armed bandits had been killed in motion and a complete of 11kidnapped victims had been rescued inside the interval.

“Throughout the identical interval, a cumulative complete of 358 livestock and 5 assorted rifles had been recovered from the armed bandits by the gallant troops within the zone.

“In the identical vein, a complete of 11 arrests had been made, and people arrested embrace excessive profile armed bandits, gun runners and bandits’ collaborators,’’ he mentioned.

ALSO READ:  Reviving vaccine manufacturing in Nigeria

1n the North-East, the minister mentioned 30 terrorists, together with a few of their commanders, had been killed by troops, aside from the scores, who had been killed in air raids/assaults.

He mentioned a number of gun vehicles had been captured along with the 13 not too long ago captured at Marte in Borno, whereas some others had been destroyed by the troops.

“Additionally, a complete of 13 assorted rifles and two Anti-Plane weapons had been recovered from Boko Haram/ISWAP terrorists, as well as, a number of arrests had been made – together with high-value targets – inside the interval.

“Now, through the previous week alone, 5 Boko Haram/ISWAP terrorists had been eradicated by troops as they tried to overrun Abbagajiri and Dusula cities in Damboa Native Authorities Space of Borno.

“The troops, from the 402 Particular Forces Process Power Brigade, had on Wednesday encircled some terrorists’ enclaves at Abbagajiri and inflicted heavy casualties on them.

“Other than the 5 who had been killed, many different terrorists escaped with gunshot wounds, whereas the troops additionally captured a number of weapons and a few Improvised Explosive Gadget (IED)-making supplies amongst others,’’ he mentioned.

Within the North-Central, the minister mentioned {that a} complete of six kidnapped victims had been rescued, whereas 5 armed bandits, together with militia gang leaders, had been killed in motion.

He mentioned that 11 armed bandits had been equally arrested within the zone.

“Solely on Saturday, the Air Element of Operation Thunder Strike neutralised a number of armed bandits at Chikwale Forest within the Mangoro space of Chikun Native Authorities Space of Kaduna State.

ALSO READ:  Troops foil assault on vacationers, remove bandits in Benue, Plateau, Taraba

“The operation adopted credible intelligence reviews indicating the numerous presence of armed bandits within the space, which is about 20km West of the Kaduna-Abuja Freeway,’’ he mentioned.

Within the South-South, the minister mentioned troops of Operation Delta Protected destroyed operational actions of 24 unlawful refining websites, 11 picket boats, 142 steel tanks, 17 dugout pits and 45 ovens.

He mentioned 30 suspects had been arrested whereas 14 pumping machines, 13 pace boats and 13 outboard engines had been recovered.

“Moreover, a complete of 684,856 barrels of stolen crude oil, 1,724,000 litres of illegally refined Automotive Fuel Oil (AGO) and 500,000 litres of Twin Function Kerosene (DPK) had been recovered.

“Moreover, a complete of 1,184 of 25kg baggage of Yaraliva Nitrab or Fertilizer suspected to have been smuggled from the Republic of Cameroon had been impounded,’’ he mentioned.

Within the South-West, Mohammed mentioned troops of Operation AWATSE destroyed a number of unlawful refining websites and arrested eight boats engaged in unlawful actions.

He mentioned along with the kinetic navy operations, which led to the successes, the Armed Forces routinely perform non-kinetic operations inform of Civil-Army Cooperation Actions (CIMIC).

The minister assured that, with this renewed dedication and vigour, the safety businesses would maintain their onslaught in opposition to terrorists, bandits and legal parts within the nation.

He urged the residents, to offer their assist to the safety businesses, who day by day sacrifice to maintain the nation secure. (NAN)

Vanguard News Nigeria

Continue Reading

News

Southwest alone can not deal with herdsmen disaster – Northern Elders

Published

on

By

Spread the love


By Luminous Jannamike, Abuja

‌The Northern Elders Discussion board (NEF), on Monday, in Abuja mentioned solely a collective nationwide method would mitigate the issues cattle herding poses to the financial system, the farmers, the herders themselves and their host communities.

That is even because the Northern elders urged President Muhammadu Buhari to instantly meet with the 36 State Governors and the Service Chiefs with a view to analyzing how the present tensions in elements of the nation, particularly the Southwest will be de-escalated.

The Discussion board, which spoke forward of a gathering between the Governors within the Southwest and Fulani organizations tomorrow (Tuesday), maintained that each nationwide, and regional methods can be required to deal with the herdsmen menace.

This was contained in a press release by NEF’s Director, Publicity and Advocacy, Dr Hakeem Baba-Ahmed, in Abuja.

He mentioned, “Northern Elders Discussion board has intently adopted developments involving Fulani communities, host communities and governments in Oyo and Ondo States in addition to reactions throughout your complete nation.

“The Discussion board is deeply involved that the nation is threatened by irresponsible actions and feedback by folks with the accountability to train warning and supply constructive management.

“We consider it’s time for the federal authorities to acknowledge and take care of the difficulty of cattle herding as a nationwide problem, and undertake insurance policies that may mitigate the issues it poses to the financial system, farmers, herders and all communities.

“Most significantly, the Discussion board advises President Muhammadu Buhari to satisfy instantly with all State Governors and heads of safety and legislation and order businesses to look at how the present tensions within the nation will be de-escalated.

ALSO READ:  Okowa urges NDDC to emphasise extra on BOQ

“Occasions within the Southwest are assuming nationwide dimensions, and solely a nationwide method will present brief and long run options.”

The Discussion board famous that the duty earlier than the Governors remained daunting, including that extra wanted to be completed to cut back the stress posed by cattle herding within the communities.

NEF mentioned, “The Discussion board is conscious of the restrictions of all State Governors by way of their capacities to adequately reply to the safety wants of populations.

“The resort to regional outfits like Amotekun and different self-appointed guardians of safety of communities aren’t options to those limitations.

“In the previous couple of days, the nation has seen the issues with these outfits and actions of the locals who masquerade as defenders of ethnic pursuits.

“In any respect price, Nigerians who break the legislation shouldn’t have any cowl or immunity, whether or not they’re Fulani or native enforcers or organizations

“The Discussion board, nevertheless, appeals to all Nigerians to train nice restraint of their feedback and actions in these making an attempt occasions. It additionally appeals to leaders in any respect ranges to contribute to the seek for options to growing threats which can make all our lives worse.”

On the proposed assembly between the Southwest Governors and the herdsmen organizations within the area, the Northern elders expressed hope that it might obtain the target of guaranteeing the safety of Fulani communities dwelling lawfully within the Southwest in addition to the protection of different residents.

“The Discussion board notes that Governors within the South West are to satisfy with Fulani organizations tomorrow, Tuesday, January 26th, a day after the expiration of the give up order issued by Governor of Ondo State to Fulani herders to go away a forest reserve.

ALSO READ:  Reviving vaccine manufacturing in Nigeria

“The assembly will happen within the context of rising worry amongst Fulani communities from threats and their experiences in the previous couple of days. Individuals who’re identified to threaten Fulani communities and have attacked them are nonetheless free.

“The Discussion board hopes that the assembly will obtain the target of assuring Fulani communities dwelling lawfully within the South West that they are going to be protected, and guarantee all different residents within the South West States that they may proceed to obtain the safety of the State from kidnappings and different crimes,” the assertion added

Vanguard News Nigeria

Continue Reading

Trending