Youths created a platform to create awareness and champion the war against the spread of global pandemic disease COVID-19 in Bauchi State.
The platform created by the patriotic youths is ” Bauchi State COVID-19 Volunteers Network”.
The State Coordinator of the Network Khalid Barau Ningi outlined the mission of the platform in a statement made available to Arewa Affairs on Wednesday.
The statement reads ” Bauchi state COVID-19 volunteers network is a forum created by dedicated youths of Bauchi extraction, to create awareness and sensitisation on possible preventive measures globally accepted to curb the spread and transmission of the global pandemic”.
The State Coordinator enumerated the mechanism that will be adopted in achieving their mission.
” Mechanisms chosen to reach out includes;
1.Media Enlightenment using Social media, TV jingles, local and community radio stations.
2. Allocation of Volunteers (Maximum of 2) per community/Market/Motor park for house to house sensitization.
3. Distribution of face masks and gloves to the general.
4. Distributions of hand sanitizers to the general public.
5. Creating synergy between the network and the desk of the State Task Force for the Control of COVID-19 and the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control to promptly report local cases for timely interventions.
6. Creation of a situation room for timely reports of suspected cases for swift and prompt intervention”.
Barau called on relevant stakeholders to partner with you them in the eradication of the global pandemic.
” However, authorities, individuals, communities and organisations should not hesitate to call us on 08066365379,08037526064 and 08122680468 for Possible collaborations, feedbacks and reports.
For the meantime, the general public are advised to practice personal hygiene, practice social distancing, drink alot of water, stay safe, stay at home and avoid crowdy congregations”.
Meanwhile Comr. Zakari Hashim will serve as Secretary general, Muhammad Auwal Gotal as Spokesman and Musa Ibrahim Dass will serve as Financial Secretary.